Your Surgeon has referred you to General Medical Consultants, Inc. for your pre-admission testing in preparation for your scheduled surgery. Your testing should be completed approximately 21 to 30 days prior to your scheduled surgery date.
Our offices are located at:
- Grant Hospital
- New Albany Surgical Hospital
- Grady Memorial Hospital
See our contacts and directions for more information. The testing for your pre-admission will include:
- Complete History and Physical Examination
- Chest X-ray, if indicated by past history or family history
- EKG (it is important to abstain using creams, lotions, oils etc., as this test is most accurate if the contact is on clean dry skin)
- Laboratory work-up (blood work, urinalysis, however you may eat, drink and take your medications prior to your appointment).
The physician evaluating you will determine whether any additional studies are necessary. If he/she should determine that further studies are indicated to clear you for surgery, the test(s) will be scheduled for you at an outside facility.
Your pre-admission testing appointment will take approximately 1-3 hours, depending on what your surgeon has ordered.
Please bring all forms completed, along with your current insurance card(s) and a driver’s license. We will be happy to assist you in filling any claims with your insurance company. If your insurance company requires a referral from your Primary Care Physician, please do so prior to your appointment. You will be expected to pay any co-payment or deductible at the time of service.
If you have had any testing completed in the past year please have this information available. If you are unable to bring a copy of the test results with you please have the name and telephone number available for our office. If you have any questions regarding your pre-admission testing appointment, please contact us at 614.221.3725.